California is silly once more

General discussion. If it's not coved by another topic, please post here.

California is silly once more

Postby roger » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:56 am

First - I wish I could apologize for all of the Californians moving up to the west side of Oregon and Washington that are pushing to change your laws. But, those aren't "my people" anyway. I'm one of those Californians who moved to CA for a job and have stayed because of the work and now family.

For those of you who don't know, the CA Legislature passed a slew of anti-gun laws in 2016. Most of them in the middle of the night, between sessions, in back-room deals. Knind'a like what SC did to the incoming Gov this year. One party is not better than the other - anyone in power wants to stay in power. Power corrupts.

On the good side though, now all of my AR's will be able to drop a mag again like they were made to do. On the bad part, I won't be able to sell them as easily as I once was.
roger
Site Admin

Re: California is silly once more

Postby Norseman » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:24 am

No bullet button? But what about mags restrictions?
Norseman
Sergeant Major of the Board

Postby roger » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:58 am

we're stuck with 10rounds.

and ... you'll love this one .. we're supposed to sell, destroy, or surrender any formerly grandfathered "high capacity" magazines we have in our possession. I'm going to be mailing you a box for safe keeping until I retire.

among other things, now we have to apply to purchase ammo just like we have to do with firearms. 10-day waiting period, 50 rounds max.
roger
Site Admin

Postby Norseman » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:26 am

:o

Will do on the cache. I've never seen a 10 round M16 mag before....is it flush with the mag well?

Pmags are like 12 bucks here, I should be buying a couple every week.
Norseman

Postby roger » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:43 am

the 10 rounders aren't quite flush to the well. The CA DOJ is currently considering new rules and may not choose to enforce the legacy magazine issue. It's a wonderful case of making a law, and not funding it. (governments all over have this problem.) Still, if my legal items become illegal, I'll be sending you a package that I'll later collect if/when I move. If I need to sell it to you for $1 and buy it back, so be it.
roger
Site Admin

Postby Norseman » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:09 am

Sure...hopefully they do not become illegal here as well. :|
Norseman

Return to Campfire