Cowboy Airsoft, Western Airsoft

General Discussion

Re: Cowboy airsoft

Postby Norseman » Tue May 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Rustling cattle- Each steer will be a head mounted to a saw horse, with a "steer certificate" attached to it. You must rope the steer with a rope and then take the certificate. Certificates can be traded for cash at the territorial bank.

Rustlers and cowboys must have ropes on their person. It's a tool of the trade. You cannot work for the Rockin M ranch or rustle its cattle without a rope.

Miners must have a pickaxe in their possession to mine gold and silver and to stake mining claims.
Norseman
Sergeant Major of the Board

Postby Norseman » Wed May 03, 2017 6:32 pm

The Cowboy Airsoft thread on the SASS wire.

http://www.sassnet.com/forums/index.php ... y-airsoft/
Norseman

Postby Dees » Fri May 05, 2017 8:56 pm

I think I mentioned something along these lines in the SASSnet years ago but I ended up getting more into airsoft than CAS and let my membership lapse. Went by Dwight Davis Starr on SASSNet back then but I need to come up with a new alias. Thinking this time around I am going with "Virgil Ante", LOL!
"Ain't no such thing as a "Former Soldier"; once you swear that oath, it don't have an expiration date!"
- Unknown
Dees
Private

Postby Norseman » Sun May 07, 2017 2:41 am

I think you can request your old alias back.
Norseman

Postby Norseman » Sun May 07, 2017 3:59 am

Norseman

Postby Dees » Thu May 25, 2017 6:10 am

Actually thinking of doing a minor change to Dwight "Lucky" Starr, kind of how you would name a three legged, one eyed dog "Lucky", LOL!!!
"Ain't no such thing as a "Former Soldier"; once you swear that oath, it don't have an expiration date!"
- Unknown
Dees
Private

Postby Norseman » Thu May 25, 2017 3:53 pm

LOL!
Norseman

Postby Dees » Sat May 27, 2017 7:23 am

I have had an idea for a while now for an idea on a Halloween game, both airsoft and real steel and modern or cowboy that might be doable if folks got interested. I kind of fell in love with a book series that is written by a bigger gun nut than us, it's called Monster Hunter International, by Larry Correia. The idea is to set up monster themed targets and scenarios, taking a lot of ques from the books. I was planning a target rich zombie scenario, a werewolf hunt, Chupacabra "wack-a-mole", things like that.
You see, the best part of this is that the company was founded in 1895 as "Bubba Shackleford's Professional Monster Killers", so there are interested old west monster encounters too that make it possible to do any time line and any level of equipment. Real steel I would try to keep all the scenarios so they move in a line towards a good backstop and keep everything 180 degrees or narrower forward but an airsoft scenario could be a full 360, have a LOT more targets and be done for times and as a potential team effort (like a 2-3 man entry team), which has some interesting possibilities.
If you haven't read them, here is a link to a short story on them you might find enlightening; http://www.baen.com/Chapters/9781481482 ... 482691.htm
- Unknown
Dees
Private

Postby Norseman » Mon May 29, 2017 11:17 pm

Cool idea!

I've been toying with the idea of a haunted forest for the ranch for Halloween as well.
Norseman

Postby Norseman » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:32 pm

Norseman

PreviousNext

Return to The Saloon