Brief Description

Events hosted by SDD.

Brief Description

Postby Norseman » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:16 am

The SDD field is located outside of Kettle Falls, Wa overlooking the Columbia river. It's approximately 350 acres of rolling to steep terrain with about 2/3's of the ranch in timber.

The physical address is:

1865 Heidegger Rd.
Rice, Wa. 99167
Attachments
IMG_0474.JPG
IMG_0473.JPG
IMG_0472.JPG
IMG_0471.JPG
IMG_0470.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0466.JPG
IMG_0465.JPG
IMG_0443.JPG
IMG_0441.JPG
IMG_0429.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG
IMG_0420.JPG
IMG_0402.JPG
IMG_0404.JPG
IMG_0446.JPG
IMG_0439.JPG
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0412.JPG
IMG_0403.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG (47.64 KiB) Viewed 843 times
Norseman
Sergeant Major of the Board

Re: Brief Description

Postby toobladink » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:25 pm

I'm curious when you say steep. I know some of the hills over there can be steep enough that if you fall, you could seriously hurt yourself. Is there anything like that? Once you get a game up there, I would love to come play.
toobladink
Private

Postby Norseman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:29 am

No cliffs, no.

It's a pretty cool AO.
Norseman

Postby toobladink » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:40 am

Wow. Few questions I guess..

Are you the owner of all this land?

Plans to do anything? Like structures, or even get a small business license? This seems like it has some wild potential.

Have you talked to Rob about letting him use this? I was told he made the choice to not schedule any games at Nitehawk this year, and I have a strong feeling it's because he would rather use this as a field or something. It's perfect, and he could utilize the land well, and it would help since he sells out Operation Pegasus every year.

How often do you plan to have a game up there?
toobladink
Private

Postby roger » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:44 pm

This video was shot on the property.

phpBB [video]
roger
Site Admin

Postby toobladink » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:04 pm

I thought I posted a reply asking some questions, but internet was iffy last night so I'll try again.

My main question, since this is private land, what types of plans do you have for it? Do you plan to build some small structures, maybe grab a business license and get some insurance? This looks really nice for a change. The area up there looks absolutely fantastic. Plenty of space to camp on the field for a multi-day event. I'll be watching for a game date to pop up. I might share the event on facebook too, there's a good sized community over there and it could always bring in a small handful if we share it over there :p
toobladink
Private

Postby Norseman » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:22 am

toobladink wrote:Wow. Few questions I guess..

Plans to do anything? Like structures, or even get a small business license? This seems like it has some wild potential.

Have you talked to Rob about letting him use this? I was told he made the choice to not schedule any games at Nitehawk this year, and I have a strong feeling it's because he would rather use this as a field or something. It's perfect, and he could utilize the land well, and it would help since he sells out Operation Pegasus every year.

Your first three posts must be approved in a new profile...it's a spam defense thing.

There are already structures on this property. Some have fallen down and are in need of a match. Camp Basilone still has its tower and its Torii (Japanese arch way). It would be super easy to build more.

As far as the questions about Pegasus Milsim plans for this year I would direct those to Rob. But yes SDD has plans to host operations on our property this year.
Norseman

Postby Rob » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:09 am

toobladink wrote:Wow. Few questions I guess..

Hunter if you'd like to ask about my plans for next year you can always contact me directly. As for your "strong feeling" again contact me directly instead of speculating. Thanks!

As for Wade's property, it is a nice piece of land and I've attended games he's hosted up there including Operation Ivan Hammer about 7-8 years ago.
Rob
Private

Postby roger » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:10 am

Hunter - yes, Norseman is the owner of this land.
roger
Site Admin

Postby toobladink » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:25 am

Ah, posted two replies and couldn't see my first one earlier..kinda awkward lol.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Wade - I'm excited. I'll keep posted for game dates, and I can easily bring some other guys up there with me.

Rob - I'll send you a PM on facebook.
toobladink
Private

Next

Return to Our Field